Friday, December 3, 2010

Ugliest Bug. Ever. Again.

robber03.jpg
Family Asilidae

I still don't know which species or genus this bug is. The first time I photographed one of these robber flies was in July in New Hampshire. This is the second individual I photographed this summer — here at home. Robber flies eat dragon flies. Therefore, I don't like them. If I had edited the photos before Halloween (and the only edit needed was cropping), I would've entered this bug in the Audubon Guide Scariest Photo Contest. It's way scarier than the spider photograph that I submitted.


Technorati Tags: ,

del.icio.us Tags: ,

_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. That is one freaky looking dude. I love dragonflies too, and much prefer them over this creature. But I guess all of them have their place in this world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails