Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cow Parsnip

Cow Parsnip (Heracleum maximum)-2.jpg
Heracleum maximum

We drove quickly by this parsnip this past summer while scouting views of the wind towers in Sheffield and Sutton. Talking later at home, we became concerned that this was hogweed, a vicious invasive plant that is toxic to touch. We went back for photographs and learned that this was cow parsnip. This parsnip grows to four or five feet, not fifteen feet like the hogweed. Hogweed also has red streaks in the stalk. We noticed later that this plant was cut down by the landowners.

I apologize for the months long blogging break. Public school and Sunday School started and I've been tremendously busy. Thank you for your patience!



del.icio.us Tags: ,

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails