Thursday, November 11, 2010

Marbled Orbweaver Spider

Marbled Orbweaver (6)

About August 1, this beautiful large spider was on the tractor. I followed it with the camera as it climbed off the tractor, walked across a 2x4 and then left the construction area through the grass. It was identified by the folks at bugguide.net, where you can read about this spider here.There is tremendous variation in this species, so I'm not sure how the bugguide people were able to identify this one.

Marbled Orbweaver (8)
Marbled Orbweaver (9)

Araneus marmoreus

Marbled Orbweaver (11)
Marbled Orbweaver (12)
Marbled Orbweaver (13)



_/\_/\_

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails