Monday, November 29, 2010

A Land Snail

Unidentified land snail  7
Unidentified

Good luck to you if you ever want to identify the genus and species of a snail or slug. There just is not enough information on the Internet. The research biologists write a lot but never seem to take photographs. I can't figure that one out. I'm ready to e-mail UVM biologists for an ID on this pretty snail, but I'm too lazy to bother. But I did learn that snails lay their eggs in a hole in the ground and cover them up with snail feces. When the eggs hatch, the little baby snails are so hungry that they eat their shells and, often, their siblings!

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails