Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seagull Over Crystal Lake

Seagulls at Crystal Lake (3)

As a teacher at Vacation Bible School in July, I was able to go with the children to Crystal Lake State Park for free on July 24 this summer. I used some of the time there to practice photographing birds in flight. And the birds in flight were seagulls mooching at everybody's picnics. I got a few interesting shots but this one is the best. And of course, I have no idea (and don't intend to look for) what species of seagull this is. The mountain on the right half of the photograph is Hardscrabble Mountain in Caledonia County and it is 2,231 feet (680.01 meters) high. The construction of a wind farm is now beginning on this mountain, so this may be the last time we see the pristine ridge line.




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails