Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hummingbirds: Take Three

Ruby-throated hummingbird (12)

Archilochus colubris

I finally did it! After untold attempts to get a great hummingbird photograph and after hundreds of lousy photos, I got my bird! All of these photographs are of the same female and were taken on July 24, 2010, very early in the morning. She was not backlit and there was no hair on the window. But best of all, I did not startle her and she stayed long enough for me to get dozens of badly focused and/or composed shots before I got these good shots. Weeks of patient planning and waiting finally paid off. Can you hear me cheering?

Ruby-throated hummingbird (13)
Ruby-throated hummingbird (14)

I even managed, above, to get her eyelid closed while she blinked!


Ruby-throated hummingbird (19)
Ruby-throated hummingbird (22)
Ruby-throated hummingbird (15)
 
 

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails