Thursday, August 12, 2010

Common Garter Snake Portrait

Thamnophis sirtalis
We had snake babies this summer. They all live in the original granite foundation under the main house. The mother snake is huge. I don't think this is the mother snake because we have a bigger one. But I managed to get a good shot of the head of this beauty when she stuck her head out from the foundation. There are also red-bellied snakes living there (photos coming soon).

I just learned tonight that these harmless to people and pets garter snakes (also called garden snakes) are the only snake in Alaska. Fascinating!

Technorati Tags:  
Del.icio.us Tags:  
Flickr Tags:
 
_/\_/\_

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails