Saturday, November 14, 2009

More Oyster Mushrooms

While I was re-organizing my Flickr mushroom sets, we found that I had misidentified these photos. These are oyster mushrooms. We found these freeze dried on sugar maple trees in Barton, VT during sugaring time. In Japan these are called hira-take mushrooms. Since they are so well dried, we ground them up to put in casseroles, stews, sauces, and gravies. They look quite different than the fresh oyster mushrooms we have been collecting and eating.

Pleurotus ostreatus


Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags:

diigo it

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails