Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dunlins



What do you do when you so enjoy looking at a bird that you can't decide which photographs to post? You make a slide show. This wonderful pair of dunlins walked in front of us on the beach at Old Saybrook. I finally ran ahead of them to get photos of their fronts and not just their backs. John continued to slowly walk behind them. We had a marvelous time!

I thank Greg Hanisek for his gracious help identifying the dunlins. Greg is a journalist and nature writer for the Waterbury (Connecticut) Republican American. He also has the most informative nature blog that I have run across at Talking Nature with Greg Hanisek. I urge you to visit him frequently. He is always discussing topics that John and I are exploring in the woods.

Dunlins Set

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags:

diigo it

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails