Saturday, February 14, 2009

Snow Buntings

Snow Buntings - 5 by you.
Plectrophenax nivalis

When my father was alive, I used to love to go to his house and watch the snowbirds (what he called them) run in and out of their snow tunnels on the ground and wheel in huge flocks in the sky. Today, I finally found another flock in Brownington. Snow buntings make your soul soar. These are the first snow bunting photos I have ever taken. Simply having done this today makes this a perfect day. Happy Valentine's Day!

Snow Buntings - 3 by you.

Silly crooked snowbird.

Snow Buntings - 2


Snow Buntings - 1 by you.

I really enjoy thinking about how mathematically birds space themselves on phone wires.


Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos of snow buntings. I have never seen any so I was glad to see a close-up -- and those all on the line. Do you think those three space out just enough for each to spread their wings before taking flight?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails