Sunday, June 1, 2008

City Daily Photo Theme Day: My Corner Store: Currier's Market

Currier's Market, Glover, with bottle room on left and
gas on the right (under the suspended bicycle)

White-tailed buck and doe in the frozen food aisle

Black bear in the snack aisle

Bobcat and deer in the dairy aisle

Wolf in the cleaning aisle

Catamount (mountain lion) in hardware

Moose in the post office

Coyote and fox over the butcher area

Various mammals and birds in produce.
There are many other animals throughout the store.

Currier's Market, the village store in Glover, five miles from home.
Best butcher, lots of organic stuff, and local farm produce and dairy.

When clicked, these photos will open, full size, in a new window.
Be sure to visit the corner stores from around the world!

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Adelaide, Australia by Gordon
Afyonkarahisar, Turkey by afyonblog
Albuquerque (NM), USA by Helen
American Fork (UT), USA by Annie
Anderson (SC), USA by Lessie
Ararat, Australia by Digger
Arradon, France by Alice
Ashton under Lyne, UK by Pennine
Aspen (CO), USA by IamMBB
Athens, Greece by Debbie
Auckland, New Zealand by Lachezar
Austin (TX), USA by LB
Avignon, France by Nathalie
Barrow-in-Furness, UK by Enitharmon
Barton (VT), USA by Andree
Belgrade, Serbia by Bibi
Belgrade, Serbia by BgdPic
Bellefonte (PA), USA by Barb-n-PA
Bicheno, Australia by Greg
Bogor, Indonesia by Gagah
Boston (MA), USA by Sarah, Whit, & Leyre
Brookville (OH), USA by Abraham
Bucharest, Romania by Malpraxis
Budapest, Hungary by Zannnie and Zsolt
Budapest, Hungary by agrajag
Buenos Aires, Argentina by Karine
Canterbury, UK by Rose
Cape Town, South Africa by Kerry-Anne
Cavite, Philippines by Steven Que
Chandler (AZ), USA by Melindaduff
Château-Gontier, France by Laurent
Chateaubriant, France by Bergson
Cheltenham, UK by Marley
Chennai, India by Shantaram
Chennai, India by Ram N
Chicago (IL), USA by U R us
Cleveland (OH), USA by iBlowfish
Coral Gables (FL), USA by Jnstropic
Corsicana (TX), USA by Lake Lady
Durban, South Africa by CrazyCow
Edinburgh, UK by Dido
Evry, France by Olivier
Folkestone, UK by Clare Unsworth
Forks (WA), USA by Corinne
Fort Lauderdale (FL), USA by Gigi
Gainesville (FL), USA by Leah
Geneva (IL), USA by Kelly
Glasgow, Scotland by Jackie
Greenville (SC), USA by Denton
Gun Barrel City (TX), USA by Lake Lady
Hamilton, New Zealand by Sakiwi
Hangzhou, China by Chanin
Haninge, Sweden by Steffe
Helsinki, Finland by Kaa
Hobart, Australia by Greg
Hyde, UK by Old Hyde
Hyde, UK by Gerald
Jackson (MS), USA by Halcyon
Jefferson City (MO), USA by Chinamom2005
Jogjakarta, Indonesia by Jogja Portrait
Katonah (NY), USA by Inkster1
Knoxville (TN), USA by Knoxville Girl
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by Edwin
Kyoto, Japan by Tadamine
Larchmont (NY), USA by Marie-Noyale
Las Vegas (NV), USA by Mo
Le Guilvinec, France by ds2944
Lisbon, Portugal by Maria João
Lisbon, Portugal by Sailor Girl
Lodz, Poland by ritalounge
London, UK by Ham
London, UK by Mo
Los Angeles (CA), USA by Martha Perez
Mainz, Germany by JB
Manila, Philippines by Heyokity
Melbourne, Australia by John
Memphis (TN), USA by SouthernHeart
Menton, France by Jilly
Mexico City, Mexico by Poly
Mexico City, Mexico by Carraol
Minneapolis (MN), USA by Greg
Minneapolis (MN), USA by Mitch
Misawa, Japan by misawa mama
Monroe (GA), USA by Tanya
Monte Carlo, Monaco by Jilly
Montego Bay, Jamaica by Ann
Monterrey, Mexico by rafa
Moscow, Russia by Irina
Mumbai, India by MumbaiiteAnu
Mumbai, India by Magiceye
Nancy, France by yoshi
Nashville (TN), USA by Chris
Nelson, New Zealand by Meg and Ben
New Delhi, India by Delhi Photo Diary
New Orleans (LA), USA by steve buser
New York City (NY), USA by Ming the Merciless
New York City (NY), USA by • Eliane •
Norwich, UK by Goddess888
Oklahoma City (OK), USA by ananda.tashie
Orlando (FL), USA by OrlFla
Oslo, Norway by Lothiane
Owasso (OK), USA by Jennifer
Paderborn, Germany by Soemchen
Paris, France by Eric
Pasadena (CA), USA by Can8ianben
Pasadena (CA), USA by Petrea
Perth, Australia by Elevation7
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia by Murphy_jay
Petoskey (MI), USA by Christie
Pilisvörösvár, Hungary by Elise
Port Angeles (WA), USA by Jelvistar
Port Elizabeth, South Africa by Sam
Port Townsend (WA), USA by raf
Portland (ME), USA by Corey
Posadas, Argentina by Lega
Prague, Czech Republic by Honza03
Rabaul, Papua New Guinea by Jules
Ramsey, Isle of Man by babooshka
Reykjavik, Iceland by Vírgíll
Riga, Latvia by Fotos. Riga Photos
Rotterdam, Netherlands by Ineke
Rouen, France by Bbsato
Saarbrücken, Germany by LadyDemeter
Saigon, Vietnam by Simon
Saint Louis (MO), USA by Strangetastes
Saint Paul (MN), USA by Kate
Salt Lake City (UT), USA by Eric
San Antonio (TX), USA by Kramer
San Diego (CA), USA by Zentmrs
San Francisco (CA), USA by PFranson
San Francisco (CA), USA by Louis la Vache
Seattle (WA), USA by Kim
Seattle (WA), USA by Chuck
Selma (AL), USA by RamblingRound
Seoul, South Korea by Phil
Sequim (WA), USA by Norma
Sesimbra, Portugal by Aldeia
Setúbal, Portugal by Maria Elisa
Singapore, Singapore by Keropok
Sofia, Bulgaria by Antonia
Springfield (IL), USA by Aubrey
Stavanger, Norway by Tanty
Stayton (OR), USA by Celine
Stockholm, Sweden by Stromsjo
Stouffville, Canada by Ken
Subang Jaya, Malaysia by JC
Sunshine Coast, Australia by bitingmidge
Sydney, Australia by Ann
Sydney, Australia by Julie
Sydney, Australia by Sally
Székesfehérvár, Hungary by Teomo
Tacloban City, Philippines by agnesdv
Tel-Aviv, Israel by Olga
Terrell (TX), USA by Jim K
Terrell (TX), USA by Bstexas
The Hague, Netherlands by Lezard
Tokyo, Japan by Tadamine
Torino, Italy by Fabrizio
Torun, Poland by Torun Observer
Torun, Poland by Glenn
Toulouse, France by Julia
Turin, Italy by Livio
Twin Cities (MN), USA by Slinger
Urayasu, Japan by Zono
Victoria, Canada by Benjamin Madison
Vienna, Austria by G_mirage2
Wailea (HI), USA by Kuanyin
Wassenaar, Netherlands by Rich
Wellington, New Zealand by Jeremyb
West Paris (ME), USA by crittoria
West Sacramento (CA), USA by Barbara
Weston (FL), USA by WestonDailyPhoto
Willits (CA), USA by Elaine
Yardley (PA), USA by Mrlynn







Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

43 comments:

  1. I love the organic part of this and the animals are such a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like anything a hunter or fisherman might want or need for an extended stay in the woods. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique, what more can you say!? Now I know where to buy some black bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an impressive store. maybe scary too. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shop to go to! That is very unique for the owners to include the animals...lol. Great post, Happy theme day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly a store with a difference. An interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It should be a taxidermy shop! Lots of character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You would never get a store like this in the UK. Interesting and yes scary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird stuff! great choice. A food store where you can get stuffed or stuffed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wild. Very wild...
    Meg thought the moose was from Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few friends from north India who pronounce 'bear' as 'beer' - and the other way around, too... no way I'm letting any of them pick a sixpack for me from this store!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is cool. I'd love to have a store like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a place to shop! Amazing! I'd spend a couple of days there! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to see this place. It looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. meeyauw! What a lovely name!

    To be honest, this is the best theme day post I've seen for June by far! It is so unusual and very cool!

    What a feeling it is to shop with those bears anddeers staring at you!

    Thanks for droppin by and welcoming me to Theme day! Your comment really meant a lot! Grandparents really are the best thing and I mean best part of the Family. Too bad that in some countries they are usualy taken for granted.

    And about the colors? they really are vibrant! My aunt painted the walls pink, lime, yellow and dark green. we look like the Watermelon house!

    Thank you so much meeyauw or shall I call you andree? Hope to see you often on my Blog!

    Mabuhay and God Bless you! Have a great week! greetings from The Philipppines!

    Steven Que^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat store!! The next time we go through Vermont we'll have to make sure we stop in. My boys would get a real thrill out of seeing all the wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first photo from the outside doesn't do the place justice. The animals inside are just incredible. What an experience to buy your dairy milk among bears, moose and deer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not easy to get to the food in your local store!!!
    great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you win the prize for the most unique store!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'am with Tanya! Unique place! You can't see anything like that in France!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I certainly feel like I've taken a trip to Vermont this morning. Rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the headup last night. Not sure whats going on with my link, hit and miss it looks like.

    This is a fantastic corner store. I would love to walk through that place.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your corner store has a lot of character. I must admit I was hoping for some maple syrup. Happy Theme Day, Andrée!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow--what a trippy place! Great job you've done here--really quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it! What are the animals all about?! Its so cool! I've got a smile on my face looking at your great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay, that does it. I'm stopping by your town this summer. What a great store.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gets my vote for a store with character. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'am also with Tanya, this store is a unique place! Very original... but a bit scary too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seeing is believing. But I can still hardly believe all those wild animals inside a store!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Andree, seeing the inside of your corner store reminded me of that drink you Northerners have. But for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. My mom had me try it one time and I really wasn't impressed. Do you have any idea what it is I'm trying to think of? (Can you read my mind for me, I don't seem to be very successful :))

    Great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  31. And it looks like such a bland little shop from the outside! Whenever I stumble over a cart full of yogurt containers in the middle of an aisle in the local store, I'll think, "Could have been a buck!" and count my blessings.

    This is quite a place, Andree. Thanks for bringing me inside!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG!! What a place! I love the MOOSE!

    I wish we had stores like this around here. That's the problem with huge cities, I guess.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog today. I appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow!

    it's a store or as it a museum?
    It's a 2-in-1! :-)

    Happy Theme Day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Shotguns in the corner store, how very different!

    Thanks for sharing it with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my, what an interesting store! I would probably spend as much time checking out the stuffed animals as the groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very interesting corner store, its impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Now that is different. Certainly beats the frozen food section of my local supermarket with the animals and stuff in that store!


    Greg
    Hobart Daily
    Bicheno Daily

    ReplyDelete
  38. belle collection d'animaux empaillés.

    beautiful collection of stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a downright museum! I'd like to shop here just to see the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like it It's a really funny shop. To reply to your question about Eataly, yes it's open year-round

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very interesting entry, about 'Corner Stores'!!!

    What really caught my eye, is the name of the proprietor. Currier. It was the married name of my beloved Great Aunt. And I don't know if I've ever seen it, other than in my family.

    Mari-Nanci
    photos-City-Mine

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those animals are bonkers, not to mention ever so slightly bizarre! What a great idea - I'd be in here all the time if it was my corner shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails