Monday, September 17, 2007

Mourning Cloak Butterfly




I was chasing this butterfly all over the place after school today and this is all I got. It flew faster than I ran. Of course Buddy heard me and came out of the barn to say good afternoon. He saw my butterfly and chased it out of the front door yard. These are my best butterfly photos of this season, so I posted all three. This is also my first mourning cloak (love the name).

When clicked, this photo will open, full size, in a new window.

Technorati tags:
_/\_/\_

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful; I've never seen or heard of the Mourning Cloak Butterfly. I hope someone manages to identify the caterpillars and the nest for you. How interesting to read of the "vibrations". :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither had I heard of this type of butterfly. I have taken photos of only the Monarch and Tiger Swallowtail. No wonder you were hoping to get a photo of it. Love the enlarged versions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a lovely name indeed! i too have never heard of them before...and i have never done a butterfly shot either......:(((

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails