Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Find the Katydid

Red Clover, Japanese Beetle and Katydid-1.jpg
Japanese Beetle on Red Clover (Vermont State Flower)

For some reason, I love to photograph Japanese beetles. The rest of the world is trying to kill them and I'm trying to photograph them all. We were in a meadow in Westmore one day when I spied this beetle and happily shot away until John finally distracted me. John mentioned a katydid as we left the meadow and entered the woods. My ears are bad, so I had no idea what he was talking about . . . until that night when I downloaded the photos and he pointed out the katydid. Can you find it? I never saw it until he showed me because it looks just like clover leaves (well, clover leaves with legs). Below is a different perspective. I really have to pay more attention to my surroundings. It would have been nice to get some full shots of the katydid.

Red Clover, Japanese Beetle and Katydid-7.jpg

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails