Thursday, November 24, 2011

Flowering Raspberry

Flowering Raspberry (Rubus odoratus)-5.jpg
Rubus odoratus

I had never before seen these native New England wildflowers until the July day that John and I went exploring in Sutton, Vermont. We found a huge growth of Flowering Raspberry on Underpass Road. I thought they were rugosa at first, but the leaves, stems and blooms are completely different. The flowers of the Flowering Raspberry can be red, pink or white — all on the same stem!

Flowering Raspberry (Rubus odoratus)-10.jpg
Broad maple-type leaves of Flowering Raspberry

Flowering Raspberry (Rubus odoratus)-17.jpg
Unripe edible fruit of Flowering Raspberry

Flowering Raspberry (Rubus odoratus)-15.jpg
Flowering Raspberry is also called purple-flowering raspberry and Virginia raspberry

Flowering Raspberry (Rubus odoratus)-23.jpg




_/\_/\_

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails