Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica)-1.jpg
Dendroica pensylvanica

In order to teach Oscar the Kitten, I include him on our daily morning bird walks. It used to be only Buddy and me in the mornings, and now it is Buddy, me, Oscar and usually Possum. This summer we have had a very special bird follow us in the woods — a Chestnut-sided Warbler. This little bird goes with us everywhere around the upper apple orchard, just inside the woods. It makes a chipping sound. It doesn't seem to be a frightened alarm, just a notification to the others that cats are near. The warbler makes bird photography very easy to do: sit on a log and shoot! The only problem is the lighting. I now try to time my walks with the sun in that part of the woods so that I don't get too much sunlight in the leaves. These are a few of my favorite shots from July 3, 2011.

Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica)-3.jpg
Scratching those mites.

Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica)-11.jpg

Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica)-13.jpg

Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica)-15.jpg

 
 

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails