Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stone Flume in Winter

After a February Storm (11 of 19).jpg
Stone Flume

Stone Flume is across the road. The kids go water sliding on it in the summer. The flow of water through it is regulated by the beaver dam upstream. You can explore the ruins of a century old mill on the side of it. The brush in the foreground is alder and willow that the beaver eat. This photograph was taken in February, but now, in April, the flume looks the same. There is a wider flow of water now, but it is still covered in ice and the beaver bog meadow, that the water flows into, is still entirely covered in about one foot of snow. I suppose I could have entitled this post "Stone Flume in Spring"!

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails