Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Sign of Spring

First Song Sparrow of Spring (Melospiza melodia) (6 of 6).jpg
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)

A large snow well around the bird tree allowed us to see how much seed and debris the birds had dropped on the ground over the winter. The food attracted this song sparrow this week. This is the first song sparrow I have seen this year and it was exciting. Spring may be coming. But now yet. We got another half foot of snow yesterday, the snow plows are out, and the lakes and ponds are still frozen solid. On the same day I saw this sparrow, I also finally saw the first robin of spring. It was my latest spring robin viewing of my life. I usually see the first robin in the first half of March.




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails