Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saffron-winged Meadowhawk

Saffron-winged Meadowhawk01.jpg
Sympetrum costiferum

I remember clearly the beautiful September day when I chased this dragonfly around. I am posting three photos of him to illustrate his coloring on different backgrounds. The white granite shows off his wings. The stigma is that colored patch at the top of each wing. In these dragonflies, the stigma is red. You can also see the coloring of the wings against the granite.

When I went outside to feed the birds today, the snow was over my knees. It was a tricky trudge around the house. I am wishing for summer now. Wishing very fervently.

Saffron-winged Meadowhawk08.jpg

Saffron-winged Meadowhawk17.jpg




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails