Saturday, January 29, 2011

Red-tailed Hawk

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk  09.jpg
Buteo jamaicensis

I wasn't traveling with my camera when I saw this young hawk on a neighbors wires, so I drove home fast, grabbed the camera and returned to photograph him. He allowed me to walk nearly underneath him. He was a bit messy looking. The photos were the best I could do at twilight, and I'm almost happy with the results.

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk  14.jpg

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk  16.jpg
Here, the hawk actually was stretching his legs after sitting for a long time on the wires. My laughter disturbed him and he watched me closely.

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk  19.jpg

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk  28.jpg




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails