Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cabbage White Butterfly on Heal All

cabbage white butterfly on heal all 4
Cabbage white butterfly (Pieris rapae) on Heal All (Prunella vulgaris)

These butterflies can confuse you. Sometimes they are white, sometimes white and yellow, or yellow, or green, or green and yellow . . . but they always are the same size and have the same black dot and black edge on their wings. They are very, very common in the last half of summer. I have even seen them after a killer frost. You can click here to read all about these butterflies on bugguide.net. I wrote a lengthy post about heal all (or healall) in the past and you can click here for all of the information on this valuable wildflower.

I have begun watermarking my photographs on Flickr, which is why you see it here. I hope I never detract too much from the photos.




_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! You took lots of great pix over the summer. I'm working on 5 books and haven't had much time for blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails