Monday, October 25, 2010

Song Sparrow

Unidentified Sparrow (11) 

Susan and I spent time at the library today identifying this sparrow that I posted on Sunday morning. It is a song sparrow (Melospiza melodia). We identified it using all of the photos that I had taken and carefully comparing details on the bird like the eye ring, the chunk of brown at its throat and the streaked breast. Also, I know song sparrows are here (I have been told there are a lot), so now I need to learn the song. The sparrows are hard to see. They remain in the woods and sometimes fly out to the bog. But mostly they are inside the foliage of the trees.




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails