Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hummingbird Project

Ruby-throated hummingbird (1)

Archilochus colubris

Here we are again. As the summer continued, I moved the tripod outside to photograph the hummingbirds. I was never getting the male and thought perhaps I could capture his image if I sat and waited outside. He came. But the lighting was awful or the focus was wrong. Or he had cast a spell on the camera. So here is Mrs. Hummingbird again. This is the best of July 31 from outside the porch. I still had to edit the photograph heavily because of backlighting. What I like about the photograph are her tiny feet all tucked up close to her.




_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails