Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Great Spangled Fritillary

This is my first view, and first photographs, of this beauty. In early July, the fritillaries were on the milkweed and I was fortunate to see this from the kitchen window. It is extremely tattered (as have most of my butterflies been this summer). It is a nectar sipper. I used my new long lens for these photographs and found that capturing butterflies was much easier.

Speyeria cybele





Technorati Tags:
Del.icio.us Tags:

Flickr Tags:


_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. Andree,
    These are stunning, each one. The light shining through and around this guy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails