Monday, July 26, 2010

A Tattered Swallowtail

Papilio glaucus



I photographed this Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on the shore of Wheeler Pond when we drove on Wheeler Mountain Road. This was the day that I finally began to understand how to use my new 250mm lens and was able to get detailed macro shots from a distance. That made life easier because butterflies tend to fly away when you are three inches away from them! The butterflies I have photographed this year have been very tattered. I assume this is because I have photographed them towards the end of their short and difficult lives. But they are still beautiful mysteries of nature and fascinate me. Here, the swallowtail is on blackberry blossoms.



Technorati Tags:  
 Del.icio.us Tags:  
Flickr Tags:

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails