Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Turkey Vulture in New Hampshire

John and I started up the long driveway of a friend in New Hampshire and this turkey vulture was sitting in the road. I was all ready for it! It flew into a pine tree and faced to the left. But it wanted to change positions, which it did awkwardly, so that it faced to the right. I love to look at it’s feet and beak, which it uses to balance and hold onto the branch of the tree. John actually took the last photograph of this series. He was closer, on the driver’s side, to the vulture. He did a magnificent job!

Cathartes aura

Technorati Tags:
Del.icio.us Tags:

Flickr Tags:

diigo it

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails