Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Otter

Usually otter come to the bog in family groups. This otter was alone. Usually the otter come for a few days and leave. This stayed only for one afternoon. I managed to get across the road and photograph him, even though the photos are very poor. But this is the only time I have ever managed to get otter photos at all. In the top photo, you see him swimming to the left. In the bottom photo, he is watching me and has a mouth full of vegetation that he is eating.

Beaver and otter don't get along. Otter will often eat beaver babies. I haven't found where the otter travel from or where they go after they leave here. There are so many lakes, rivers and brooks that they could go anywhere.

Lutra canadensis

Technorati Tags:
Del.icio.us Tags:

Flickr Tags:


diigo it
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails