Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oyster Mushrooms Again

Pleurotus ostreatus

While we were out photographing covered bridges, John found quite a big bunch of oyster mushrooms. He harvested them and cooked them up that night and I tasted them for the first time. Supposedly, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup is made with oyster mushrooms. They tasted the same and looked the same as the tiny bits of mushroom in the Campbell's cans. I e-mailed Campbell's Soup and asked them if this were true, but they never responded.

Clean and slice the mushrooms. Saute in a lot of butter.

They tasted, to me, just like the Campbell's mushrooms. They were good! Just a bit too much mushroom for me.


Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags:

diigo it

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails