Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wingnut in Pegmatite

You see that very small figure in the middle of the cliff of granite? That is my grandson Wingnut. I asked him to stand there in order to give a sense of how huge the walls of Ruggles Mine are. This wall of stone is pegmatite (pegmatite was formed under great pressure and intense heat forming a magma that pushed up into the surrounding granite).  here you see two colors of rock. The granite is dark and the pegmatite is light colored.

   Ruggles Mine Set

Technorati Tags: ,

_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that place is huge. I am going there. To enjoy that place, too. No more just driving by on the way to camp. This is quite some place. He's a cute child!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails