Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wood Ducks

During our kayak trip on the Blackwater River in Salisbury, we saw these two female wood ducks in a tiny inlet of the river. They were well camoflaged and very far from the camera. Wood ducks are very difficult for me to shoot because they are very shy. But I was lucky to get these shots. In Barton, wood ducks only stayed overnight in the beaver bog. They never nested there that I could see. I was surprised to learn (below) that wood ducks tip just like mallards do.

Wood Ducks Set

Technorati Tags:
Del.icio.us Tags:
Flickr Tags:
Furl Tags:
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails