Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mount Kearsarge

We took a short hike around Morey's Pond and found a view of Mt Kearsarge (2,937 ft or 895 m). Just a bit taller than my Barton Mountain (2235 ft or 681 m). Kearsarge's prominence is 2,000 feet (610 m), but Barton Mountain's prominence, especially at my house in Vermont, is only 800 feet (244 m) in some places. Someday this summer we have to hike up this mountain. The prominence at Morey's Pond is obviously not too high. At Morey's Pond we saw salamanders, frogs, blueberries, the fruit of lily of the valley, beaver dams, human dams and many other wonderful sights.

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails