Saturday, May 23, 2009

Green Mountain Railroad Derailment

On the afternoon of Thursday, May 21, 2009, the Green Mountain Railroad train that goes through Barton daily, derailed. The train ended up blocking the intersection of Rt. 5 and Rt 16. I have put some of my favorite photos from this here. The details are on the main blog, here. Above you see the wheel on the third car that derailed and exploded dozens of ties as it rolled over them. The asphalt of Rt. 16 (the road on which I live) was also destroyed.

Above, our special Matt mimes running ahead of a runaway train. The train, of course, had stopped because it had jumped the track.

The scene from E.M. Brown store on Rt. 5.


Above: rail track with bluets in the background.



Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails