Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maple Open House Weekend in Woodstock

I always find a new sugar house to visit on Vermont's Maple Open House Weekend. This past weekend, John and I went to Sugarbush Farm in Woodstock. Instead of photographing the sugar production, I found this abandoned sugar house. Far in the background you can see the pile of firewood taken from the forest to fire the evaporator.
550 acres
Settled in 1774
Present family arrived in 1945
Elevation: 1102 ft (335.9 meters)
Most snow in one year: 120 inches (305 cm)
Coldest night: -43°F (-42°C)
Number of maple trees tapped: 7000

Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails