Monday, September 22, 2008

Sentinel Rock

This glacial erratic was deposited thousands of years ago as the North American glacier melted. It has stood watch over Willoughby Lake (a lake dug out of the earth by the same glacier) for eons. In the days to come, I will post photos of the stunning views of the Green Mountains that can be seen from the meadow around Sentinel Rock. Below is one of the wildflowers in autumn. Sentinel Rock is a few miles from my house on the eastern side of Willoughby Lake.

When clicked, these photos will open, full size, in a new window.

Technorati Tags:  
_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog and found a piece of history your camera recorded. It is a blink, stopped dead-still, exposing a moment in time and the beauty you found in the Green Mountains. Nice.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails