Saturday, July 19, 2008

(Nearly) Full Buck Moon

Waxing gibbous moon: 91% of full

From the Farmer's Almanac:
Bucks begin to grow new antlers at this time. This full Moon was also known as the Thunder Moon, because thunderstorms are so frequent during this month.
When clicked, this photo will open, full size, in a new window.
I have been trying to take moon photos at night with my Canon XSi. This is my best shot from this past week and was taken after 11pm EDT (-5 GMT) on Monday, July 14. It has too much glare and the clouds are out of focus. This was a magical night with the mist pouring over the bog in the warm summer air and thunder clouds floating all around. The smear of light on the top left is Jupiter. I learned this from Starry Nights Online. Try it!

Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails