Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Loons on Crystal Lake

There is a pair of loons on Crystal Lake. The groundskeeper says they will even come on shore when people are present. Also, they fly back and forth from Willoughby Lake to Crystal Lake.

One day last week I heard a loon on the beaver bog. But that was ridiculous, I thought. There are no nesting loons here. But according to the people at Crystal Lake, they would easily stop off to rest or feed here on their way back and forth to Willoughby.

Gavia immer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
When clicked, this photo will open, full size, in a new window.

Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

1 comment:

  1. Interesting tale and good catch!

    I also left comments ont he lilies and the storm from the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails