Thursday, April 17, 2008

White-tailed Deer

After the Dreaded Annual Physical, I pulled  into the driveway and saw three deer crossing the road near the flume and going up my hills. I got my camera ready while I watched a red-tailed hawk hunting low and coming over the beaver bog to the house. And as I left the car, I saw my first red butterfly. I didn't know which to try to shoot! The butterfly would take a lot of gentle chasing, so I left it alone. I went up the hill just as the hawk came very low over the house. It abruptly rose and turned when it saw me. I couldn't get it in the view finder. So on to the deer. One had already disappeared into the woods. I got this shot of the second and looked up for the hawk again. It was gone. I turned and the third deer (which I thought had already run off into the woods) ran by too quickly for me to photograph. But I did get the one shot of the second deer, just as she disappeared into the trees. When clicked, this photo will open, full size, in a new window.

Technorati Tags:  
_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails