Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pierce House

Pierce House, Water St.

One of the oldest remaining Barton buildings, the Pierce House was renovated in 1984 after being purchased by the Crystal Lake Falls Historical Association (that link goes to a MySpace account which for some reason CLFHA uses) and now houses its museum here. This house had been scheduled for demolition as part of a federal housing grand that Barton had received. It was built approximately in the 1820s. I feel fairly certain that the house is now safe from destruction.

When clicked, this photo will open, full size, in a new window.

Technorati Tags:
_/\_/\_

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sorry I didn't get back to yours sooner.

    I really like your photography and you have posted a lot of excellent photographs since I visited last. I love the shot of the tree in "the black fractal branches" post. That shot is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, even the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super to have houses 'saved'. We have to preserve our heritage. 1820--nobody but Native Americans were here at that date. I think people came to log around the 1850s to 60s. I like history. MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt that this is another beautiful wooden and historical house.
    Good photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails