Friday, July 2, 2010

My Tamarack Trees

Larix laricina
Tamaracks are one of my favorite trees. Probably because my first autumn at the house, I had seen a perfect Christmas tree in back. I planned to cut it in the beginning of December. But in late autumn, the needles turned orange and then they dropped off! The tree was dead, I thought. I decided to chop it down in the spring. But in the spring it greened up again! That's when I researched and found I had tamaracks. I have blogged about them before: here on my other blog, and here on this blog. John has been careful to keep the tamaracks while he brush hogs. We have five big ones now and many, many little ones. It will be quite the sight in autumn!


Technorati Tags:  
Del.icio.us Tags:  
Flickr Tags:

_/\_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on meeyauw's pad. I enjoy reading constructive comments, tips and ideas that help me improve my photographs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails